Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) | NLP | Art Therapy | Counselling for Adults & Children in Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
My name is Neil Henry I am a fully qualified CBT & Arts psychotherapist offering one to one integrative psychotherapy in St Albans and Luton, for young people, teenagers and adults. My integrative training means that I have studied a number of therapeutic techniques and I aim to use the ones which will be best suited to you . I create a friendly, kind and safe environment to allow you to work through the issues that you may have, whilst feeling supported, valued and heard. I want you to leave our sessions with a greater sense of understanding, your inner strength and the ability to make better decisions.
Why see a counsellor or psychotherapist?
Are you having relationships issues or family issues? Are you struggling with anxiety, or are you feeling depressed at times? Have you had a life transition such as redundancy, illness or bereavement, or been affected by an affair or betrayal? It may be that life is getting on top of you, and it may feel that there is no one to turn to help sort things out. Talking to me can help..
Our sessions together are a collaborative treatment based on the relationship that you and I will have. I would ask you to talk about what is going on for you, and I would provide a supportive environment that allows you to talk openly with someone who’s objective, neutral and nonjudgmental. You and I would work together to identify and change the thought and behaviour patterns that are keeping you from feeling your best. This can involve going through how childhood patterns of relating are affecting how you relate to others now. I will work at your pace and support and guide you every step of the way.
Specialist in the treatment of :
- Anxiety and Panic attacks - managing and overcoming the physical & emotional effects. Social and Health related anxiety disorders - helping you to gain perspective and control. PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) as a result of experiencing trauma (violent attack, witnessing traumatic event, sudden loss, historic abuse .)
- Relationship difficulties - Affairs/infidelity/cheating, Life stages - you've 'outgrown' each other, jealous partner, domestic violence, lack of support and communication difficulties.
- Depression and Low self esteem - working with the inner critic.
- Anger Management - I will help you understand the root cause of anger , how you respond to triggers and tools to regain control.
- Intrusive Thoughts - Helping you break free from the grip of repetitive and intrusive thoughts.
- Obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) and Tics / Tourettes - I have in depth training & experience in the application of Exposure & response prevention and habit reversal interventions.
- Child and Young Person Issues - anxiety, school avoidance, bullying, shyness, fears, communication difficulties working with the young person and family.
- Childhood abuse - expertise in working with children and adult survivors of abuse.
- Building Self confidence - developing healthy boundaries and learning how to say NO! Boost your confidence and become more positive.
- Career & Work related stress - sleep disturbance , anxiety, isolation, lack of motivation, substance abuse and impact on relationships.
How i work
My approach is integrative - which means that I draw on a range of therapeutic modalities, including CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), Gestalt, NLP, Person centred and Art Therapy. The sessions will challenge you in a supportive way to really get to core of the issues, much faster than some more traditional approaches.
My foremost consideration is to adapt my approach to best serve you in gaining greater insight and finding a resolution to the issues or difficulties that you bring to therapy. I adapt the core CBT theory in a way that makes it accessible and practical in not just finding resolution to you difficulty but in all areas of your life.
Immediate benefits Clients report experiencing feeling better and confident about their future even after their first session. Read testimonials.
CBT is recognised as one of the leading, evidence based talking therapies. It is a model which allows long lasting and fundamental change across all areas. you will learn how to change your unhelpful feelings and behaviours through exploring your thinking about past, present or future life events
Something different - many clients come to me after trying different approaches that just haven't worked out for them.